[OM] Re: was... Allison on ... now modern times bokeh

Subject: [OM] Re: was... Allison on ... now modern times bokeh
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:50:50 +0200

Op 25-mei-06 om 07:58 heeft Moose het volgende geschreven:

> iwert wrote:
>> I am a very happy owner of the 50mm f2 DZ however, also bokeh wise.
>>
>> some examples here: some informal recordings of two "first communions"
>> last week end, one of my little niece camille, the other of good
>> friends oldest son ruben.
>>
>> http://lucafeest.fotopic.net/c965405_1.html
>>
>> http://iwert.fotopic.net/c965578.html
>>
>> welcome in "traditional belgium"
>>
> I finally had time to browse through these. There are lots of priceless
> shots of children, really a great job. Many good informal portraits of
> adults, too.
>
> I found the still lifes less successful for for my taste, either OOF
> entirely or too shallow a DOF for me to enjoy most them, although I
> liked some of the subjects. Big exception is the hat and purse on
> wheeled contraption shot, which I really like.
>
> Thanks for the ride.
>
> Moose

You're most welcome. The still lifes are just for atmosphere in this
case. The images in the first series were all on a verrry stormy and
overcast day inside without flash at iso 400, mostly f2 or 2,8. As I
don't like flash (I don't even have one) so DOF is sometimes very
shallow. The champagne is OOF, but there is a story behind it for the
family ;-).

Iwert.