[OM] Re: [Way OT] Allison on the north shore was; Re: 5D heart attack,

Subject: [OM] Re: [Way OT] Allison on the north shore was; Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 06:02:18 -0400

Chris Barker wrote:
> Chuck
>
> After a couple of looks through the portfolio I think I prefer the
> first few (with the pink dress) and the last few (with the black).

Me too.  I didn't pick the outfits.

> Those and the close-ups of the model's face are, for me, the best
> looking shots.  The model is pretty and has a lovely smile (and I'm a
> sucker for freckles), but the bikini is distracting and so pretty
> useless as a prop -- unless it is a shoot for the bikini, of course.
> Perhaps the shot with the lobster pots (shrimping baskets?) is a
> little confusing, but only if it is meant as an artistic shot; it's a
> fine shot of the model.

Yes, lobster pots on the pier at Rockport.  What I showed you was about
10% of what I took.  There are plenty more of her face.  What I chose to
show was not only some of the better ones but also some that showed all
of her, all three outfits she wore, and also a sense of place.  If I
were to choose my own favorite it would be from one of the close-ups as
it best fits my own sense of portrait photography.  But my photo mentor
continues to drive into me the notion of "environmental portraits" where
the subject is pictured within the environment.

Chuck Norcutt