[OM] Re: [Way OT] Allison on the north shore was; Re: 5D heart attack, w

Subject: [OM] Re: [Way OT] Allison on the north shore was; Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:18:46 -0400
To add to or perhaps reduce the Tokina confusion . . .

They also offered an AT-X Pro 28~70mm f/2.6~2.8 in a few versions.
Those models were based on a design they licensed from Angenieux and,
IME, are excellent lenses.

In fact, I bought a Canon 28~70 f/2.8 'L' intending to replace my copy
of the Tokina/Angenieux with it.  After shooting them side by side, I
sold the Canon instead.  The Canon was a bit better from f/2.8~4.5 and
focused a bit faster/quieter but not enough to warrant the price
difference, IMO.  Also, the Tokina had slightly more pleasing bokeh to
my eye.  It was also more compact.  As it is zoomed out, the lens
retreats into the barrel which obviates the need for a huge hood.

my two lux worth./ScottGee1