[OM] monitors

Subject: [OM] monitors
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:55:02 -0500
Every month the magazine JazzTimes has an audio column. Part of this month's
offers advice on televisions. They say that, although falt screens of all
ilk have made vast improvements, none can compare in picture quality to a
CRT. Their suggestion is that if you want the best picture quality, and can
do with 32" or smaller, get an HDTV CRT.

Now I know this isn't the final authority on this subject, but I've been
looking at flat screen TV's, and I'm appalled at the picture quality, which
is not necessaril related to price. It is also obvious that there are a very
few actual panel manufacturers.

I'm not sure what I'll do when my Sony monitor dies, but I'm sure I'll not
be happy with the replacement. I know I won't be happy with the price

Bill Pearce