[OM] Re: Hello, my name is Paul, and I think I'm stupid.

Subject: [OM] Re: Hello, my name is Paul, and I think I'm stupid.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:32:19 -0700
ALI wrote:
> The 550FD will work without any covering of contacts, etc? How about the VIV
> 283/285HV? My concern with these flashes is not knowing which contacts
> to cover
> and not being very handy anyhow. I dont want to fry the E-500 trying to use a
> non-Oly flash.

There are other SunPaks out there that do a lot with only a single
contact. Like the 422D Chuck mentioned, the auto26SR (and I think there
are other similar models) does swivel and tilt, with full to 1/16 power
over 5 settings in manual. This particular model also has flash zoom for
35, 50 and 135mm lenses (or 17, 25 and 70 mm lenses on 4/3).

Not as powerful as a T32, but also doesn't cover almost 24mm FOV on FF
(which would be about 12mm on 4/3). That and the zoom feature give it
decent 100asa GNs of 86 @ its widest and 120 at its longest setting.

Moose