[OM] Re: Dust solutions [was Spent time with the Dark Side]

Subject: [OM] Re: Dust solutions [was Spent time with the Dark Side]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:55:38 -0400
I've reported here before that Swiffer dusters
<http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/en_US/swiffer/usenglish/products/dusters.shtml>

seem to do a good job of removing dust from film before scanning.  I cut
off the white fabric parts and then cut the fluffy section into smaller
pieces and store them in a zip-lock plastic bag between uses.

If you're in Canada or Europe you can start here and pick a country.
<http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/en_US/swiffer/language.shtml>

I'm sure the fibers are chemically coated with something and I'm
wondering how they'll work on (or destroy) a sensor.

Chuck Norcutt