[OM] Re: Dust solutions [was Spent time with the Dark Side]

Subject: [OM] Re: Dust solutions [was Spent time with the Dark Side]
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:54:36 -0400
The trick with the Zerostat is to pull the trigger v-e-r-y slowly.  If
it clicks, you've gone too fast.  Don't know if that *creates* static.

I sold high-end "stereo" gear for my first job out college.  I used to
demonstrate the Z-stat by creating a static charge on an "album"
(i.e., 12" vinyl disk), letting some tiny bits of paper adhere to it,
then zapping it with the Z-stat.  Said paper would (usually!) flutter
to the floor.  The leap that people had to make was that the same
thing happened to the dust they couldn't see.  I sold LOTS of
Zerostats.

That said, I'm not exactly sure how it works so I haven't tried it
with any of my cameras.  Concerned about how it might affect the
electronics.  Or is that just silly?  Have used it on lenses though.

ScottGee1