[OM] Re: Spent time with the Dark Side

Subject: [OM] Re: Spent time with the Dark Side
From: Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:04:49 +0100
I avoid blowing into the chamber of the 5D - too many scare stories
about how it makes it worse. I've been using the credit card strip
wrapped in a PecPad + a few drops of Eclipse. This gets most of the
gubbins off. I also have a £2 makeup brush that I use in the corners.
Works fine.

The dust issue on the 5D is definitely real, though not that difficult
to deal with and not worth avoiding the camera for. The image quality is
worth the extra effort.. My E-1 + E-330 have never seen a blower in any
shape or form for thousands of shots. Shame this isn't treated so
seriously by other brands, but it is only one of many variables in
choosing a camera and image quality is not a bad one to go for.

Paul