[OM] Re: Dust solutions [was Spent time with the Dark Side]

Subject: [OM] Re: Dust solutions [was Spent time with the Dark Side]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:54:09 -0700
That is where I have a problem with the static electricity theory of
sensor dust. Of course the sensor is grounded and protected from
static electricity. The AA filter is attached at least to the frame
of the sensor. It is hard for me to imagine that a camera
manufacturer would take pains to insulate the AA filter in its
attachment so that the sensor grounding would not also bleed off any
charge on the filter. It also seems to be that the maker is just as
concerned about dust as the customer and their engineers are bright
enough to consider and neutralize any effects of static charge.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA