[OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.

Subject: [OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 07:32:54 +0200
In the message I received, Moose writes:
>Saso wrote:

>> Well, we've heard these flippant announcements before, pretty much every
>> time a new piece of technology comes out.
>>
>I think flippant is not the right description of Victor or his reviews.
>He is pretty careful and through and always posts lots of samples for
>the reader to judge for themselves.

While I agree that his review is fairly thorough, the conclusions he
draws out of thin air - the shot he uses to compare scanners does not
lend to his story - make him look a part of the flippant reviewer
bandwagon. "Canon EOS D30 better than 35mm film cameras", anyone?

>    I'm already pretty sure, however, that it has more than enough
>resolution for the old MF film I want to scan.

Agreed. Epson's 3200 produces scans of good enough quality (3rd party
film holder, multiple passes) for a decent 20x20" from MF film.