[OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.

Subject: [OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 19:36:16 +0000
I'm confused.  With an Epson V750-M, why would you keep the 3200?  I haven't
read every last word about the specs and features, but it seems to me the 3200
gets its doors blown off by the V750-M.  I'm not saying, by any means, that the
3200 is not a really good scanner, just that the other'n looks to me to be way
more better.

The V750-M is on my "maybe" list.  I'd rather have the Minolta DiMAGE Scan
Multi Pro, but they are hellaciously expensive.  I just trolled through the Bay
and persued KEH looking for "good used," and all I could find was "new" for
$1550.  The big difference, as I see it, is not just resolution, but dynamic
range: Epson 4.0, Minolta 4.8.  But is that worth twice the price?

Then again, one might look really elegant sitting next to the Minolta DiMAGE
Scan Elite 5400.  On second thought, though, that might be a bit much.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --