[OM] Re: Viewfinder shock

Subject: [OM] Re: Viewfinder shock
From: "Adam Bolt" <adambolt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:23:36 +1000
AMEN to that! :-)

Walt... I too have received the Odyssey camera that is travelling here
through AUS. I will be forwarding the camera soon to Brian Swale when I
finish the roll of film. It is such a pleasure when you see the world
through a REAL view finder and can actually see where your focus point is
and what is/isn't in focus. It really does give you the feel of having total
creative control again!

Cheers Adam

>From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx (OM List)
>Subject: [OM] Viewfinder shock
>Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 19:10:37 +0000
>
>I will confess to not shooting any film since early fall of last year,
>having been bitten hard by the digital bug.  My OMs have languished unused,
>my three OM-4Ti's each with a half-shot roll of Provia still inside, the
>OM-3 empty and without batteries, the OM-4's untouched, empty and also
>battery-less, and the two OM-1n's in zip-lok bags since some time before
>Christmas, when I intended (and still do) to send them off to John for a
>CLA.
>
>Moments ago, I loaded the Odyssey OM-1n, mounted the 35-80/2.8 Zuiko, and
>stepped outside to "dry fire" a shot or two.  I damn near fell over
>bass-ackwards when I put the camera up to my good eye!  It was like waking
>up parked on the front row of a drive-in theater with a Cinemascope double
>feature showing and a bra-less 10 in a tight T-shirt and short shorts
>nibbling on my ear.
>
>How quickly we forget!  Digital is fun, and quick, and easy, and damn near
>foolproof, but now that I'm reminded of what the world looks like through a
>real viewfinder, I'm ordering more film.
>
>Walt, born again
>
>--
>"Anything more than 500 yards from
>the car just isn't photogenic." --
>Edward Weston
>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

New year, new job ? there's more than 100,00 jobs at SEEK
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=752315885&_r=Jan05_tagline&_m=EXT