[OM] Re: Shooting into the light

Subject: [OM] Re: Shooting into the light
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 12:49:33 +0200
Thanks Moose,

One thing I am finding living as an ex pat is that my spelling is
getting atrocious and I am loosing the ability to differentiate between
American and English spellings. Of course the true spelling for welsh
whisky is Wisgi Cymreig. It really is a fine discovery. No connection
apart from coming from the area and being a welsh rugby supporter and
tried the stuff once or twice ;-).

Thanks for your comments, I should add that he also said I should get up
earlier to catch first light and not to take any such  photo's  midday.

I can see once again though from your example I need to develop my photo
editing skills a little further to get the most out of my images.

In the first I was tempted to clone out the bad part of the foremost
petal but decided to leave it as nature made it, I had a quick play with
this image  <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/InLight.htm> but
couldn't get it anywhere near as good as you have managed. Maybe there
is a business opportunity for someone - people send their images, they
get tweaked properly and then sent back.

and as you are interested in light and shadow through petals, here's
another one that creeps into that category
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/67905293-L.jpg

thanks for looking and commenting
IanW