[OM] Re: Viewfinder shock

Subject: [OM] Re: Viewfinder shock
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:26:43 -0700 (PDT)
My biggest problem with going back to the OM viewfinder is the
required closeness of the eye to see everything comfortably. One
thing I really do appreciate about the E-1 finder when shooting
people and events is that I can easily see the entire focus
screen while wearing my glasses.

But the OM viewfinder is like an IMAX theatre in comparison to
one of those dinky portable DVD players.

Overall, for my "paying" photography the E-1 viewfinder is
better. For my "project" photography, the OM viewfinder is
better.  I rarely get an off-kilter picture with the OM-2S, but
get them all the time when landscape photographing with the E-1.

Recently I was using the evil 1Ds and found the viewfinder to be
very nice. Not quite as nice as the OM, but definitely roomier
than the E-1.

My biggest beef with the E-1 viewfinder isn't the size, but the
digital readouts. They autodim.  Well, they're too dim for me.
For some reason I just can't see them unless I specifically
stare right at them. Canoon takes it too far with displays that
you need sunglasses for, but somewhere inbetween would be nice.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com