[OM] Re: Workout - Day 1

Subject: [OM] Re: Workout - Day 1
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:37:59 -0700
For me photography is a significant part of doing something different from
other things that constantly have to be done (work, gardening, cleaning,
etc). If you have a lot of control over your time and can do whatever
interests you at the moment, the escape from routine may not be easily
found. Perhaps join a Habitat for Humanity project building a house and
photograph everybody and everything. Take your hot rod SSR to the local drag
strip, talk to everyone, photograph everything and everyone, but only post
pictures of the ... ummm ... interesting people. Forget the art, go for the
good times whatever that may be for you! The best photograph is likely to be
a snapshot. YMMV.
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)

I probably haven't taken that many photographs in the last year.  Despite a
steady stream of new gear, mostly bought in a futile attempt to keep me
interested, I'm stuck in a recurring "photo phunk," (or "foto funk," if  you
prefer) which I seem to get into every 8-10 years, where everything I see
looks just like something I've shot a half dozen times before.  I thought
maybe spring and more new gear would give me a kick in the butt jumpstart,
but it ain't happening.  Maybe I need a new hobby.  Or a long vacation from
photography.  After 50 years of shooting, nearly everything is just "Ho-hum,
been there, done that, don't give a rat's ass."  I shoot digital, download
it, look at it, mutter to myself that, yeah, that's nice, then delete it.  I
haven't printed anything in six months.

The new computer ain't helping, either.

Walt, uninspired and, I'm sure, uninspiring :-[

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --