[OM] Re: Another kitchen

Subject: [OM] Re: Another kitchen
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:31:41 -0700

>Yah, I suspect in a kitchen that size anything less than a 60" wide
>cooktop would look tiny on the floor plan. Question of scale, eh?

I had to talk her out of two side by side 48" sub Z's and a bigger
range. Would have had to bust out another wall.

>Looks like a really nice set of cabinets Mike.

Thanks, not my style, too dark,  but to each their own. Keeps everything
from looking the same. :>)

>I've never had any luck with flash in my interiors photos. The pros
>sure can do it, and they get better results than I do for sure. For
>me, tossing a photoflood in there to boost the ambient light and
>bracketing the heck out of it works pretty well.

Yes the flash just wasn't practical. All that glaring stainless, glass
and polished rock and no way to preview for hot spots and reflections
(using film) and I don't have a flash meter. I think two floods
maybe.... and something to tone down the reds.

>  I use Reala or Fuji 160S Pro, both of which have "4th layer technology"
> which helps with
>mixed lighting.

I was wishing I'd used Reala.

> I haven't tried compositing yet, but exposing one
>frame for the outdoors and one for indoors and layering them in PS
>(as Moose has shown in other posts) seems like it would be cool for
>these as well.

I would like to try that too. This house has a spectacular waterfront
view but I didn't have tactical nuke to light up the interior.

Mike