[OM] Re: Monopod Head

Subject: [OM] Re: Monopod Head
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:19:50 +1000
Yes - I use one but I like that quick release idea. Another way is to
use a cheap ball head as you can flip with it fast but as most only
have one or two cutaways that allow full 90deg layover, there's a
little bit of a fiddle to get the orientation correct. I have an old
Slik ballhead on my lightweight Velbon monopod I use with small cams
and the Bogen/Manfrotto flip-over on a heavy Manfrotto pod for my
10D. Can't decide which I prefer but the Man.234 is too heavy for a
light monopod.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx