[OM] Re: Monopod Head

Subject: [OM] Re: Monopod Head
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:42:17 -0500
> Hi. I own a decent Manfrotto Monopod - at the time of purchase I bought a
> cheap off-brand
> head. Now I am looking for something better quality, particularly one that
> will support the
> longer (heavier) lenses - such as the 50 - 200 ZD lens. I am confused by
> the various types
> of heads. There are Ball, Tilt/Pan, etc. I would like something for
> general purpose shooting,
> using a macro lens and the longer zoom lens.
This won't help you with some of this, but Manfrotto makes (made?) an
hourglass shaped rubber thing that goes between the top of the monopod and
the camera that is just flexible enough to allow some movement up and down.
Obviously no good for macro, but is amazingly good for following action and
things of the sort.

Bill Pearce