[OM] Re: BLM-1 battery terminal covers?

Subject: [OM] Re: BLM-1 battery terminal covers?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:42:45 +1000
No! Gaffer tape is thick and VERY sticky - usually a heavy white
adhesive that sticks to anything. Remember, it got its reputation in
the movie industry where gaffers (lighting electricians mostly) used
it to tape heavy temporary wiring looms down to concrete floors,
brick walls, whatever and then it got used to hold sets together and
such sundry tasks. A sort of ultimate construction tape and good ones
are expensive. It is very similar to fabric bookbinding tape which
comes in a range of colours but isn't usually quite so determined.
The thin stuff is usually black plastic insulating tape, much loved
by auto repair persons. That does strip easily unless it's been on
there for a long time.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx