[OM] E-500 or E-1

Subject: [OM] E-500 or E-1
From: "Larry Powers" <lapowers57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 15:15:26 -0400
I am  about to go digital and like the 4/3 format as well as having a
prejudice for Olympus cameras.  I have seen the e-1 with a 14-54 zoom for
$900 and the e-500 at about the same price for the 2 lens kit.  I would
typically print 8x10's but want the option to go  up to 11x14.  I also shoot
some indoors sports so low light ability is important.  Given the same lens
does one have better performance at 800 or 1600 ASA?  I will also be
shooting using studio flash so ease of using manual mode is important.

I have read the reviews and I believe that either camera will do what want.
I like the idea of the more rugged pro body of the e-1.  I also wonder how
much difference there is between the 5meg pixel sensor of the e-1 vs the 8
meg pixel of the e-500 for making larger prints.

Any comments and opinions appreciated.

Larry Powers