[OM] Re: E-500 or E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 or E-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:54:55 -0400
I'll let the E thing users respond but my own opinion is that if you
intend shooting much at 800 and 1600 ISO you're looking at the wrong set
of cameras.  That's why I've never bought an E-1.  But ergonomically the
E-1 is one of the best and has truly professional build quality.  You'll
also have no problems whatsoever shooting manually in the studio at ISO 100.

The downside of the smaller sensor and of these particular sensors is
noise.  Perhaps Oly wasn't concerned about it since it probably performs
about as well at ISO 800 as ISO 800 film.  However the competition has
moved beyond that noise/grain level.

But if you can live within the range confines of the 14-54 it's today's
fantastic price deal if it meets your requirements.

Chuck Norcutt