[OM] Re: Recent shots with my E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Recent shots with my E-500
From: Untitled <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:12:31 -0600

                Yes - opinions are most helpful. Its a good thing that you
brought up horizons. I noticed serious issues with that in most of the sunset
photos. I have become more conscious of that in the past few days.

When using the large lens (50-200) - lets say shooting photos of ducks/geese -
I noticed that there was an issue with focus and also the photos came out
darker than I anticipated. For example, I couldnt make out the ducks eyes. Is
the focus issue due to camera shake? I know some people on other forums have
complained of focus issues with larger zoom lenses when using an E-series
camera.

"I find myself wondering if it might
have been a little more dramatic if you included part of the shore and the
vegetation growing on it, rather than just a few sprigs sticking up."

Thank you. I always thought that have a "clean" shot free from trees/twigs in
the foreground made the best photo.

Here is a shot by another fellow photographer of pretty much the same scene. We
had our Flickr Buffalo group outing that particular evening.

http://flickr.com/photos/73783310@N00/123463783/

She used the foreground detail - which worked well.

Anyhow thanks for the tips.

- Ali