[OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:56:16 -0700
The few times I've had problems reading a CD, the slower DVD player
succeeded reading it while the 48x CD drive wouldn't. I don't know if the
double layer technology will change that.
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I don't think you need a CD.  The DVD drive will play or create any CD.
   I used to have two CD drives which I kept to facilitate making a copy
of a CD.  However, I almost never copied any CD's and when I did there
really wasn't much time difference between CD to CD copy and CD to hard
drive to CD copy.

I'm curious to see if anyone disagrees with me on this point and, if so,
why.

Chuck Norcutt