[OM] Re: 4/3 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 4/3 fragment of my day
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
Moose wrote:
> Personally, I liked the first one and didn't have any of the
> negative reactions some others had. I found it a very
> appealing pic of an  interesting subject.

I was hoping to spark some deep philosophical discussion on the
finer points of composition and design, but nobody bit.

> I also like the wider view, both are pleasing. I've never seen
> much in the composition rules like the rule of thirds.

I caught myself laughing here when I looked at Joel's second
shot.  The first shot was tightly composed so that big, bad
imposing rock looked imposing, to say the least.  Then in the
second shot you see that it's this pipsqueek thing which was
almost lost in the wide-angle shot.  (without a known reference
subject, we have no idea how tall the formation really is in
either shot).

Honestly, the picture is growing on me.  From a design
perspective it's cat's meow. From a tension perspective it's off
the charts!  But my initial reaction reminds me of my wife's
reaction to seeing a particular pinhole picture--I love it, she
hates it.  Why?  Because she has worn corrective lenses almost
her entire life and she can't focus on anything in the picture.
Who would have guessed?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com