[OM] Re: Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:20:36 -0700
swisspace wrote:
> If I use vuescan it selects the whole set of scans as one.
Have you updated VueScan?

VusScan uses defined image areas, rather than trying to guess what is
image and what isn't in multi image holders. Ed adds predefined image
defs for new scanners as they come out. He doesn't usually have the
scanner and often relies on users to help. When I got my Can*n 5000F, I
asked him about transparency support and he wrote back to ask me to
provide some sample scans. From those, he added 5000F transparency
support to the next version.

Now once I select 5000F,  under the Input Tab, 'Mode' box, I select
'Transparency'. A selection box labeled 'Film Holder' then appears,
where I can select the holder I'm are using. Version 8.3.33 adds support
for the V700. So it should now know the location of the individual images.

It is possible to do multi image area definitions of you own in VueScan,
in the 'Crop' tab, but it can be tedious to get it just right. You can
see the predefined multi-crop def for your scanner in that tab when you
have selected a film holder. If you update and the defs aren't right,
email Ed and tell him what doesn't work and how. He is incredibly
responsive.

Moose