[OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:24:14 +0200
Le lundi 27 Mars 2006 17:48, Walt Wayman a écrit :
> This is what?s in the cart right now:
>
> Dell XPS 600: Pentium D processor 830 with dual core technology (3.0GHz,
> 800FSB)
>
> Operating system: Windows XP Media Center 2005
>
> Memory: 2GB dual channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz - 4DIMMs
>
> Keyboard: Dell USB Enhanced multimedia keyboard
>
> Monitor: 20-inch UltraSharp 2005FPW widescreen digital flat panel
>
> Video card: 256MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800
>
> Hard drive: 500GB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 250GB SATA HDDs)
>
> Floppy drive: 13-in-1 media card reader and 3.5 in. floppy drive
>
> Mouse: Dell optical USB mouse
>
> Modem: 56K PCI Telephony modem
>
> CD or DVD drive: Dual Drives: 48x CD-RW drive + 16x DVD+/-RW double layer
> write capable
>
> Walt, who needs all the help he can get

Nothing awful in that, but I'd put something more professional as an OS (XP
pro), and shell some money in a basic graphic pad (wacom intuos 3 A5). With
some money left, I'd stongly advise to get a decent backup system based on
magnetic cartridges (a dlt) because burned DVDs are not that stable.

I certainly wouldn't forget to compute the price of associated software.

--
Manuel Viet