[OM] More V700 scan's in case anyone is interested.

Subject: [OM] More V700 scan's in case anyone is interested.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:41:20 +0100
All scans in the gallery are scans from my new scanner v700 all are
using standard settings - most are slides and without ice as I am using
a very old 400Mhz mac for the scanning. The colours from the scanner
seem to match the originals very well most of the time.

One thing I have learnt is that I need to use a tripod more as I am
finding my depth of field is sometimes far to narrow.

http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/1277283

let me know what you think and if you want to see any full crops I will
try and oblige although the review at photo-i is probably the best bet,
I just wanted to give you an idea of what it's like living with the
scanner in reality.  Next step is to see what some prints look like.

I think I will go and snap up all the kodachrome I can find and when I
send it off for processing get it mounted, then just put it in the
holder and scan it when it returns - not as immediate as film, but  it
is definately not dead now its no longer any hassle for me to print.

It goes without saying that the old photo's I am scanning as a project
for my brothers 50th year book are coming out with a quality that I am
well pleased with.

I don't expect any problems with medium or larger format scanning.

IanW