[OM] Re: Storing lenses, was:

Subject: [OM] Re: Storing lenses, was:
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:45:10 -0300
on 15/03/2006 09:52, bartjew@xxxxxxxxx at bartjew@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Speaking of storing lenses, what is the best orientation in storage?
> Nose up, nose down or lying on their belly?
>
> Bart

This comes from my own experience: three years ago I bought a 85~250 which
has been on display at a big store, nose up, with rear and front caps in
place, under fluorescent lamp all day long for say, 20 years.
I bought it after inspection and it was LN, with only some dust on its front
element.
But sometime ago I remember in this list a thread about the question you're
now posing, and its relation with oil migration to aperture blades. Cannot
remember which consensus did the list arrive to, after a long talk about oil
migration into Nikkor blades.

Having said this, my own practice in to rest long lenses on their belly, and
short ones nose up. Opinions welcomed.

Now, does anyone know which are the differences between the Lowepro PRO
Trekker AW camera bag, and the AW II version? See my post on 15/03/2006
10:46. Opinions welcomed :)

TIA,

Fernando.