[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 has arrived!

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 has arrived!
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:47:07 -0800
I can't tell you how many times I've seen nice lenses locally, "bum up", and
no cap on them. Funny thing is there will be a 100/2 without a cap, but all
the 50/1.8's have rear caps. I want to scream. I find the main entry path to
getting dirt in Zuiko lenses is through the rear. If you leave a lens rear
up without a cap your asking for it. The aperture lever slots are a direct
path to the inside of the lens. It's one reason I prefer electronic aperture
control, or even the old universal screw mount. Those don't have the slots
in the rear of the lens for dust to get in.

Paul