[OM] Re: Boy, did I stir up a storm !

Subject: [OM] Re: Boy, did I stir up a storm !
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:47:54 -0500
No.  That's why I qualified the point by saying they "are fully
compatible and easy to use".

Only Canon offers a range (24/45/90) of focal lengths that allow
metering in all modes and auto diaphragm control.

BTW, the Nikk*r 85 PC does has T/S, the 28 PC does not.

Do you mean Olympus manufactured T/S lenses?  I'm aware of the 24 and
35 shift lenses but none that offer tilt control.  Or are you thinking
of the third party options Chuck enumerates in his response?

As mentioned before, shift is useful, but tilt can be an extraordinary
tool, giving 35mm and digital formats *some* of the capabilities of
field/view cameras.

ScottGee1