[OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.

Subject: [OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:00:46 +0000
I would agree with Wayne.

I went for the 350D because it was the cheapest body available, to give
me some spare for some lenses, and I plan to get a 5D (or its
replacement) down the line. I couldn't convince myself at the time that
the 20D was worth the extra over the 350D. It was the availability of
the 5D that finally made me decide to go C*non. While the smaller
viewfinders of the reduced frame DSLRs are OK, it did take some getting
used to after my OM-4.

I have a lot of OM macro kit so I wanted to be able to continue to make
use of it with whichever DSLR I bought.

I understand about what you are saying about wanting to stay with
Olympus. Brand loyalty is a strange thing. Eventually I persuaded myself
to put it aside and just look at what would be best for me going forward.

As Wayne said, none of the E-thingies are anything like the OMs and I
was quite surprised at how easily I took to the 350D after the sheer
simplicity of my OM-4.

Wayne mentioned the extra 2-3 stops gained with the C*non IS lenses,
while this is important, I have found the IS lenses allow me more
creativity when I'm out and about without my tripod - a touch of motion
blur that would have been combined with camera shake were it not for the IS.

Mike.