[OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:50:42 -0800 (PST)
Chuck lamented:
> The 5D is truly a nice machine.  But I don't need it
> immediately and maybe waiting a few months will see the price
> get below the (about) $2900 level where  it is today.

No worries, mate.  Just wait till fall when Canon will have the
6D (or whatever nomenclature they choose next time) out which
will make the 5D look like pond scum.

At what point is "good", good enough?  For what we shoot, if we
are really being honest with ourselves, we can get by with a
whole lot less.

I've made my peace with 4/3.  Unless I absolutely have to, I
doubt I'll change systems in the next few years.  It would
really be nice if another pro-grade body appears. If/when it
does, I'll buy it.  If it doesn't?  Well, that L1 looks
nice--maybe the Leica version will be even nicer.  There is a
very practical reason why Canon won't work for me--the grip
shape numbs my hand.

I realize that "it's no big deal", but I really appreciate not
having to clean sensors.  It's raining here today.  I'm going
shooting with the E-1.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com