[OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:12:07 -0800 (PST)
> to extend its working life.  While all of them have some
> niftiness factor, the single most-impressive has to be the KM
> 5600HS(D) flash I bought.

I checked that flash out and went into instant drool mode. What
an incredible unit.  I'm constantly scoping oboy for a
bargain-priced unit, but I doubt that it'll happen anytime soon.
The bargains are scarfed up in seconds.  I just have a problem
spending over $200 on ANY flash unit--even studio jobbies.

The A1 continues to impress me and I'm able to get results that
occasionally blow away 35mm.  However, not always.  My capitol
building and railroad shot was done with three cameras. The IS-3
shots were OK, the A1 shots were great and the OM-2S 24/2.8 and
50/3.5 shots are off the chart.  For the A1 images to hold up as
well as they do in comparison to high-quality 35mm shots is
impressive.

The other day I had a Velvia 100F "Mystery Roll" developed.
Funny, it contained over a year of shots on it. Anyway, I
finally found those missing Grand Canyon shots.  Compared to the
A1 shots, amazingly enough the A1 shots are a little sharper,
about the same grain/noise level, definitely more "colorful",
but lacked the 3D'ness of the film shots.  One picture in
particular I quickly scanned for Joel and didn't do any PP to.
Just straight out of the Coolscan V.  It was very interesting
because it looked like you could step over each ridge all the
way to the horizon.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com