[OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 08:16:03 -0800
The Nikon flashes do all those things too. And either the built in
flash or a mounted unit can act as a commander for your separate
flash off the camera adjusting its output dynamically too.  I suspect
it is not that unique these days. The only problem is that when using
off camera flashes with the built in, or mounted flash, they have to
be similar expensive preflash aware units. The cheap old slave flash
units or your old one are triggered by the the communication flash
rendering them useless.

Which goes back to my old pet peeve with Oly, the stopping of all
progress and updating of the OM series. There was a lot that could
have been done to keep them fresh and competitive even if a launch
into AF was not desired.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA