[OM] Re: Dvorak's new rating system for P&S cams

Subject: [OM] Re: Dvorak's new rating system for P&S cams
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:17:20 -0500
So the pro shooter states his opinion in a review and gets the sack?
Not surprising.  Integrity is spelled s-u-c-k-u-p in far too many
places in the world IMO.

I'm really impressed with dpreview.  Phil started small and has built
it into a force with which everyone in the business has to reckon.
His willingness to (seemingly) fully disclose his observations has a
lot to do with that success.  Doubt he could have accomplished it if
he has to rely on traditional, magazine type advertising revenue.  His
stats show the site gets millions of visitors each month.  Year over
year increase for December was +5M!!

Although I find some of the test methodology puzzling -- noise graphs
can't be compared?? -- I respect his judgement because he backs up his
opinions with facts.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1

SNIP!