[OM] Re: Dvorak's new rating system for P&S cams

Subject: [OM] Re: Dvorak's new rating system for P&S cams
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:30:13 -0800
Like 2 mice or 4 mice?

I really think that is a bit simplistic for camera or a computer even
a consumer based one. If you are going to have points I rather prefer
a more comprehensive system like the one at megapixel.net. Dave's
picks at imagingresource accomplish the task of separating the sheep
from the goats after a review. The Best Cameras at Steve's digicams
accomplishes something similar.  Even dpreview gives you four levels
of desirability in the context of a full review.

I am more amused that Dvorak who with great perspicacity and
enthusiasm predicted the demise of Apple Computer year after year
after he left the back page at MacWorld Magazine and who passes
judgement regularly on the computer industry, has now sucked
photography into his mill and creates an unoriginal way of dealing
with the complexity of digital cameras using his little HP
consumercam as the model of the perfect camera. Most people on this
list already know more about digital photography than he is ever
going to be bothered to learn. He is just a blowhard who has trouble
telling the difference between the obvious and the incorrect.

I bet he gives a name like the Dvorak Index of Camera Quality or some
such. Maybe not considering the acronym.

Sorry, Andrew, to jump on your message to rant about Dvorak.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA