[OM] Re: Dvorak's new rating system for P&S cams

Subject: [OM] Re: Dvorak's new rating system for P&S cams
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:07:23 +1100
Remember, his audience is 'pooter geeks who have a totally different
requirement of a camera than we do. He writes for an audience.
Now, here is the challenge.
Write three 100 scales that are appropriate for a DSLR, a prosumer
model and a P&S. I'm trying to do that right now. What factors and
what weighting? And remember, it doesn't matter what YOU like or need
in the camera - what does the typical buyer want? (Colour? Fit in
handbag?)
And yes, a 100 point scale is necessary (people expect it). And only
a total and utter dud should score less than 70.
Them's the rules.
AndrewF