[OM] Re: Incidence angle and digital sensors

Subject: [OM] Re: Incidence angle and digital sensors
From: Jez Cunningham <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:23:57 +0100
There's a mention I've seen in various places about sensors having
microlenses to counteract this non-perpendicular-light-arrival effect.
 I think all sensors have microlenses but I assume these particular
sensors have microlenses that vary in shape across the surface of the
sensor having the most refractive effect at the edges of the sensor.
Could it be that Oly selected to not use such a technique, while
others with an AF lens legacy to support, implemented it?
That would make our old lenses perform better on their cameras than on
E-* cameras.
br
jez

ps - what's our generic name for E-series DSLRs  [EM]?  [OMD]?  [OML]?
(Optical Manoeuvers in the Light)