[OM] Pen F/FT ownership - potential pitfalls

Subject: [OM] Pen F/FT ownership - potential pitfalls
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:55:26 -0500
I am wondering about jumping into this pool - after all, the lenses are
still zuikos and the OMZ ones can be mounted as well.  Should I do this,
it would be for something in nice condition for occasional use; not
collector grade and I trust not too expensive (likely bought on our
favourite auction site).

Some questions:
-  F versus FT (e.g., FT uses mercury batteries, stand alone light meter
for F)?
-  Repairability (e.g., to what extent are they economically repairable;
what problems to avoid)?
-  Buying F/FT lenses (e.g., is element separation is a concern; should
one stay away from the older zuikos)?

Grateful for any wisdom the group might like to share.

Martin