[OM] Re: Pen F/FT ownership - potential pitfalls

Subject: [OM] Re: Pen F/FT ownership - potential pitfalls
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:03:50 -0500
It is probably true.  Before dumping the parts into a sealed dumpster,
parts department employees were told to physically damage all external
cosmetic OM parts so they couldn't be used. I'll bet the same went for
Pen parts. I recently bought part of a collection from Pat MacFarlanes
son (Pat passed away 3-4 months ago) and I found a new chrome top in
there for a Pen FV. Also got a complete M-1, with M System 50 1.4, and
M-1 instruction books.
If a part is more than 3-4 years old and no one has bought one in that
time span, they just throw them away.
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remove 'spam' when writing