[OM] Re: Now is that a sweet camera or what?

Subject: [OM] Re: Now is that a sweet camera or what?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:47:57 -0600
On 1/26/06, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, don't know about you but the best EVF I've used is worse than
> the worst SLR optical finder. By a very long way. (Can't help it, I
> just hate them).

I'm mixed up about it.  Macro work with an EVF is misery, when you
would like to turn everything off and just get real manual focus.  But
the results with the C8080 certainly rival, and even surpass, anything
I can do with the E-1.  The irony is that what I have learned from
shooting with an SLR absolutely and completely informs decisions I
make on where to set the focus points, for example, with the C8080.

The EVF is obviously not transparent, like good glass, and yet it is
something more, and can be something much more.  To have the option of
both types of viewfinder in one camera is very intriguing.

Joel W.