[OM] Re: Re. New toy

Subject: [OM] Re: Re. New toy
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:39:42 +1100
Yeah - that's the advice my mechanic gave me for my reco engine - to
run it in don't thrash it or baby it, just get some long trips under
the belt with plenty of changes and warm it up well before driving,
no revving it cold. And change the oil at 500 miles/800km. Makes
sense. Oils have got a lot better since the days when 'running in'
meant going really slow and people had signs in the back windscreen
saying - "Running In - Please Pass' (I can remember that!)
AndrewF