[OM] Re: Aperture setting rules of thumb

Subject: [OM] Re: Aperture setting rules of thumb
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:23:59 -0800 (PST)
> One more thing, why don't Olympus provide those data?

I don't think I've ever seen any lens manufacturer publish
resolution tests for various apertures.

Besides, too many factors or ways to interpret the information.
And, these tests are only valid for a given reproduction ratio.
Focus on an object at infinity and see things alter a little
bit.  Macro or near macro performance differs too. These test
pictures were all taken from a size/distance that would be used
for a tightly framed "head shot".

This was a quick-and-dirty test that I did to get my arms around
the basic comparision of the old Zuikos on the E-1.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com