[OM] Re: OT - web thumbnail picture labels

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - web thumbnail picture labels
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:15:43 -0800
But you can easily move the cursor off of the picture and the tag
disappears. It will also disappear after a short delay. The attraction to me
was that it is readily found (by IE users) but it doesn't clutter up a page
like 40 titles would. GeeBee's method of black on black then using the
select highlight seems to be the only alternative. But that isn't expected
by most users, so it would go mostly unseen. Some type of mouse-over action
seems to be the best choice.

The title tag doesn't act any different from ALT in the IE browser. Why use
it?

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>

 >It would have been nice if other browsers displayed the ALT tag.

I don't think so. Personally I do wish to respect the standard and insert an
ALT tag for "text-only" readers, but I dislike seeing ugly tooltip-style
tags hovering over my pics. If I wanted them, I would use the title tag.

Bernard