[OM] Re: OT - web programs

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - web programs
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:09:06 +0100
Le mardi 17 Janvier 2006 14:13, John Hermanson a écrit :
> Thanks for all the feedback on web programs.  Looks like dreamweaver is
> the way to go.  I'll have to save for awhile.

Another option worth investigating if you're on a budget is finding your
favourite nextdoor linux geek (you should have a linux users group nearby,
and they do install parties), and give a try to Quanta+ ; for image
galleries, gThumb is all right on its own and much easier to handle than a
web designer program (it builds galleries in html ready to export to your
site like this one : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/m-viet/bretagne/index.html).
Previous editing of pictures call for The gimp. And in the end, there's a
choice of web browser to test the result : firefox, opera, mozilla, lynx,
konqueror (this one is very close to safari, for Mac compatibility), and even
Internet Explorer via emulation with qemu or wine.

Total cost : 0$ ; results : priceless. Using programs once linux is installed
is not terribly different than using windows programs. The hassle is
installing the system, that's where you need a good nerd to give you a hand.

http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/
http://gthumb.sourceforge.net/

--
Manuel Viet