[OM] Aperture setting rules of thumb

Subject: [OM] Aperture setting rules of thumb
From: "Supat S." <eancho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:39:54 +0000
What's up yall,
      I got e-1 + 14-54 a few weeks ago, still practicing to attain the
E1-GodHand. Apparently, I still have a long way to go.

      What are yours rules of thumb for F value setting in different
situations?

      It would be great, if you could answer the above question, but if it's
too vague, then
1) I really want to know if the f22 will give you the largest DOF with
everything is in focus and sharp? Does it have an effective range of f?
2) About shooting at night, with smaller aperture the picture is less fuzzy.
So, f22 still the best for taking sharp pictures?
3) Shooting landscape (focus infinity) with sunlight, how would you set the
f value?

Thanks yall,
Ocean