[OM] Re: Focusing screens, was: Re: Homepage picture update

Subject: [OM] Re: Focusing screens, was: Re: Homepage picture update
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:30:13 +1100
I have a Haoda screen in my 10D. It does the job but it is a little
crude in execution. It seems to be an SLR screen cut down to fit,
perhaps Minolta - this means that the focussing ring and split are
rather larger than you are used to or might like as thy now take up
more of the available screen area, This might be even more
significant on an E system body. He does not offer the refined
brightening technology that Rachael Katz has available.
It does the job for about half the price of the Katz but you get what
you pay for. That said, he is a nice enough guy to deal with, just
someone who got involved, saw a need and started his own cottage
industry.
AndrewF