[OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm F3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm F3.5
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:09:44 -0500
At 01:21 PM 1/9/2006, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>I think there is a common confusion about chromatic aberration.
>
>There is some purple fringing at the edges of the bright light at the
>end of the building that is a sensor artifact, not a lens artifact.

You may well be correct Winsor but my guess is that this image was
made on film and then scanned for display.  But, my eyes aren't
educated enough to distinguish between sensor bloom and CA with your
level of certainty.  Maybe Michael will check back and advise the
capture method.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson