[OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm F3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm F3.5
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:53:25 +0000
On 09/01/06, Michael Wong <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have gotten a Tamron SP 17mm F3.5 & found its' chromatic aberration is
> serious.
> http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/gallery/albums/album125/IMG877.jpg
>
> Is there any comment for this lens?

I find myself in agreement with the other commentators in this thread - I
can's see any sign of worrying chromatic aberration.  There may be a little
teeny bit of colour fringing around some of the highlights, (which would be
worse on the full-size image - I have to strain my eyes and use imagination
to see it here) but that's to be expected since the highlights are daylight
and the overall exposure is set to reveal detail in the covered area.