[OM] Re: sad day for me

Subject: [OM] Re: sad day for me
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:33:52 +1100
>I've never tried color developing since, as best I recall, the
>temperature control had to be within about 1/2 degree farenheit.  I used
>to have trouble controlling the temperature even with B&W which was
>nowhere near so critical.  One could just vary the time based on the
>actual temperature, at least over a reasonable range of a couple degrees.
>
>Chuck Norcutt

I got a bit lazy and temperature control bit me on the a*se.  My New Years
day photo:
http://www.olympus-photography.com/Worldwide_Picture_Day_2006/AndrewMcPhee/picture1.htm
is a classic case of being in a hurry and not taking enough care with
time/temperature.  That's Efke 25 film (ISO 25) with golfball-sized grain
that looks like Tri-X (ISO 400).  It was a very hot day and the developer
went into the tank at 20C but came out 8 minutes later at 26C.  Stupid
stupid stupid...

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/